We have welcomed two new little boys into our family. As we drove into the hospital parking lot the day of the delivery, the song "It is the end of the world as we know it" came on and I thought it was so apropos! Our newest additions were born on January 26, 2012 at 1:36 pm and 1:40 pm. Jacob Thomas Madsen (baby A) was born first and weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches. Joshua Mark Madsen (baby B) was born second and weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches. It was an uncomplicated delivery. When I got to the hospital I was already dilated 6 cm so they immediately gave me my epidural and the rest was very easy. Aside from throwing up a few times, I felt better than I had in months, having been in agonizing pain and unable to sit or lie down comfortably since November because Josh was so high in my belly. I thought it was ironic that I felt so good while being in labor. When it came time to push, my doctor had three patients ready for delivery at 10 cm so he held me off since my labor would take longer because of twins (or so he thought). Finally, they were ready for us. Once in the operating room, they prepped me for a C-section (just in case) and I began pushing. It didn't take long for Jacob to come out and Josh followed four minutes later. The babies were both healthy and perfect. All in all, it was a wonderful day. The anaesthesiologist resident told me it was the first vaginal delivery of both twins he had ever seen and the attending anaesthesiologist told me she had only seen two vaginal twin deliveries in her entire career. I didn't realize it was so unusual but I have had two successful vaginal twin deliveries so I feel blessed because that makes recovery so much easier.
We brought our new babies home a couple of days later and now I am the human milking machine. I spend my days and nights nursing, nursing, diaper changing, nursing and more nursing. I am exhausted but doing okay. Paul seems more tired than I am. All the older kids are helpful and love holding the babies. We're so happy to have our new boys in the family. They are so adorable. We love watching their every expression, even when they are sleeping.
 |
| Joshua |
 |
| Joshua's feet (long and narrow like Paul's) |
 |
| More Joshua |
 |
| Jacob |
 |
| Jacob has the hair |
 |
| Jacob has my wide feet |
 |
| Jacob |
 |
| More Jacob |
 |
| Here are the boys at the hospital (Jacob on left, Joshua on right) |
2 comments:
They are the cutest babies ever! You are amazing
Congratulations Madsen Family! Those two boys are adorable and I love the names you picked. I hope you are getting rest. So happy for you.
Post a Comment