Monday, September 23, 2013

Fun times with the Fam

We had another typically busy week and weekend.  


Life with twin boys is never dull.  They had a great time destroying my anniversary flowers.  Needless to say, the counter stools have been removed from the kitchen once again.  The bigger kids miss sitting at the counter but my sanity is restored.

I took a hike in Corner Canyon.  The leaves are starting to turn.  I had planned a long loop hike but got caught in a huge thunderstorm so I had to turn around early.  After a near collision with a mountain biker, enduring thunder, lightning and soaking rain, I was relieved to get home where the sun was actually shining!


      You can see the storm cloud here.



The weekend was busy. Friday night, Spencer had football, a pep rally and then a late night at his friend, J.'s house.  They had a great time playing a barefoot dart gun battle around the yard.  J's  mom shared these photos with me:

          Spencer and his friends, J & E


Rachel's friend, C, came over and hung out here.  They had me take some pics of them with sunflowers they picked while on a walk:

                  Silly, beautiful girls!

Paul took Caitlin and Courtney to see the new Disney movie, Planes.  They had a great Daddy-Daughter Date!

Saturday we had a lazy morning until Spencer's football game.  Our whole family went to the game, with the kids all wearing BYU gear (same colors as Corner Canyon.)

This is a different game but I got it from a football mom yesterday and Spencer's (#91) right in the middle so I thought I'd post it.

I didn't bring my good camera and I was taking care of the toddlers so I didn't get any pics of the game but here's a few I snapped at the end.  Unfortunately, Spencer wouldn't pose at the so I snuck a picture of him with Courtney in the foreground.

Saturday evening, we went to a birthday dinner for my Dad and brother Brian with delicious Korean pulkogi, a family tradition.  Rachel didn't join us because she was invited to go to a Real MLS soccer game.

On Sunday, we had a typical stressful morning and then attended church.  I snapped this picture of the view of the mountain behind the church because I thought it was pretty:


Rachel went to her friend, Stephen's farewell.  She has gone to so many farewells lately for her swim teammates.


That afternoon, the kids had a good time in the yard:


I love the little wreaths the girls made for their hair!  So cute!


No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones