Friday, May 30, 2008

There's an alligator in the building?

I took the kids visiting teaching today. Although I love visiting, I was anxious to leave today because the person I visit teach is dogsitting in an apartment full of breakables and nicknacks and the kids wouldn't sit still. There was also a candy dish on the coffee table full of candy but not offered so the kids' repeated whispers asking for candy were getting on my nerves. However, there was a candy dish with M&Ms by the elevator for everyone to take so I promised Caitlin I would get her some candy when we left the apartment and went to the elevator. After a little while, Caitlin asked, "Mommy, can I tell you a secret?" I said "Sure," expecting the usual sweet "I love you." Instead she said, "Mommy, I want to go to the alligator." I looked around thinking there was an alligator figurine or stuffed alligator in the apartment but didn't see anything. After a moment of being puzzled, I realized she meant the elevator. I had to laugh! 3-year-olds pronounce a lot of things in a cute way. Our Bishop hands out lollipops after church and the girls always want to get "Paulipops." I tell them "Paul already is your pops" but they don't get my little joke. . . oh well. At least, Rachel is catching on to my punniness! Only three more kids to get thinking of "pun"ch lines.

6 comments:

Flying Princess said...

I love hearing what's hap-pun-ing in your world.

Hehe.

boys in the hood said...

Your kids are too cute!!! Oh, and you said you wanted me to come help decorate...when can I come??? Just kidding, but not really :0)

JFO'Donnell said...

Hi Kerri
Just checking if my comments get though to your blog. All is well with us. And I love your stories. The book should be great!!!
Remember "Cheaper by the Dozen" Your book will be better. Love LaRaine

Kerri said...

LaRaine--I love your comments! I hope you're doing okay. I don't know your email address or I would write you!

Watts Family said...

Love your 'Paul is already your pops' joke! Kids can come up with some crazy things. So funny!

JFO'Donnell said...

Hi Kerri
Email address is jfodonnell@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you. But I really enjoy your blogs.

LaRaine

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones