The weather is cool and crisp and perfect today so after I got Rachel off to school this morning, Spencer, Caitlin, Courtney and I rode our bikes together. Spencer loves it when I ride my bike with him. I really dislike wearing a helmet but as a mom, I feel it's my duty to set an example and I put it on grudgingly. It's much better on a day like today when the humidity is low. In the summer, my hair gets plastered to my head. So despite having to wear the helmet, it was fun!
We also played outside in the backyard. There were a bunch of gnats flying around the swing set and I had just applied lip gloss. . . do you get the picture? I had about 4 gnats stick to my lip gloss. Tasty! Aside from the protein-filled appetizer, it has been one of those perfect autumn days. While we were in the backyard, we picked a bouquet of cosmos and harvested a couple of beautiful pumpkins from our garden. We probably have 15 pumpkins growing right now and all of them are ideal for carving. Our garden has been bountiful this year. We have enjoyed carrots, tomatoes, corn, broccoli, peas, green beans, peppers, asparagus, watermelon and zucchini this year and I'm probably forgetting something.
After Spencer went to school, I took the twins to our little neighborhood park. They had a great time and I got some nice pictures of my energetic cuties. I love this time of year!
P.S. Here's another funny comment by Spencer who apparently has never noticed my pants before:
Spencer: "You're wearing boy pants, Mom."
Kerri: "No I'm not. These are my pants and they're for girls."
Spencer: "But they have a zipper in the front." (No need to explain why he thinks only boys' pants need a fly in the front.)



2 comments:
I love this time of year too. It looks like you had a great time at the park. I miss PA!!!
Your girls are just too cute for words! I'm totally jealous of your garden...I don't even dare attempt one, at least not here in Oklahoma with this red stuff they call dirt! Can we come over for some yummy veggies out of the garden?
Post a Comment