Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break Vacation

After two days of water sliding fun, we head home.


My very exhausted girls after sliding and swimming



The older kids who loved the big waterslides


Caitlin floating on her back


Smiling Rachel and Courtney



Caitlin sits on the bear's lap



Courtney's face illustrates the fun the kids had at Great Wolf Lodge



Sitting in front of the massive fireplace at the lodge



I told Paul I absolutely had to get out of the house over Spring Break. . . eleven days with no routine would kill me in this non-spring weather. . . so we thought Florida. But with the announcement of Merck's merger with Schering Plough Paul ended up having a meeting scheduled right in the middle of the week so we really couldn't go to Florida. So we revamped our plans and decided to take some small trips.



Days 1 & 2: General Conference. We decided to stay at home and watch conference. It was a nice, very relaxing weekend although I missed most of what was said because the kids were wild and crazy and bored but that's why I love the DVR--I can watch them some night when the kids are in bed.



Days 3 & 4: We headed to Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos. It is a hotel completely geared to kids with an indoor water park. They have tons of water slides for all ages, two huge pools and a wave pool. The weather outside was freezing and rainy but inside it was balmy and comfortable. The kids loved every minute of it. It was rather stressful for Paul and me because we had to keep track of all the kids who all wanted to do different things. The worst moment was when I had all the kids together and we were all headed to find their Dad when Courtney ran off so I had everyone follow me, but on the way, Caitlin jumped into a pool so I pulled her out of the pool and thought I saw Courtney head up some stairs to a waterslide so I picked up Caitlin and ran up the stairs but I couldn't see her. I kept running up stairs but I still couldn't find her anywhere. I was absolutely panicked but suddenly, there she was. I picked her up, held Caitlin firmly by the hand and then found the other two kids and took them to their Dad. We tried to divide and conquer but a lot of times, I somehow ended up with three or four kids. Paul and I loved the waterslides just as much as the kids. All in all, it was an action-packed fun time for everyone.




Day 5: Paul had to go to work for a special meeting related to the merger. We hung out at home and I caught up on laundry and packed our bags for our next trip.

No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones