I believe Spencer's adjusting well to going to school all day long, thank goodness. However, I was a little concerned when Spencer came home the first day and said he had a substitute. After reading the note sent home and discovering he'll have a permanent sub until January while the real teacher's out on maternity leave, I became even more worried when I realized the sub has no experience (aside from student teaching and most of that was in 6th grade, not 1st.) I will have to monitor things and see if Spencer's learning as he should. I had to laugh at Spencer's response when I asked him what he thought of his teacher. He said, "She's the nicest teacher in the whole wide world because she hardly makes us read at all." I chuckled and told him "Well, I'm sure that will change very soon." Hopefully, he'll still like school when he has to read all the time.
This year, Rachel embarks on her second year of middle school (6th grade.) It seems to be a lot easier for her than it was last year. She has a few friends in her class and even more friends on her team (a group of kids that has the same teachers and goes to lunch and field trips together.) I'm sure that knowing her way around, being accustomed to 10 periods a day and knowing how to open her locker has made going back to school much simpler.
The twins start school on Wednesday so we will soon be in the real swing of things! Now we'll be busy going to the bus stop four times a day, dropping off and picking up at pre-school and getting back into soccer, piano lessons, violin lessons, homework, activity days, etc. It's going to be a fun year!



No comments:
Post a Comment