Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Different Sunday Dinner


On Sunday night, Courtney offered to help me make dinner. Normally, we have roast but we still had leftover roast from last week and no one seemed to want it so I was planning on making something like chicken and rice or baked potatoes but Courtney had other ideas. She went down to the storage room and brought up 4 cans of diced peaches and pears, 4 cans of chicken noodle soup and 3 cans of tuna and announced that we were having fruit, chicken noodle soup and tuna fish sandwiches with lots of celery because Rachel likes lots of celery. I was so impressed with her menu planning and utilization of our food storage that I went along with her and that is exactly what we had. Courtney even made all the tuna sandwiches herself. Not bad for a four year old!

1 comment:

Emily Conkey said...

Clever girl! I think it is awesome that you let her follow through with her idea. :) You are a good mom, sissy!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones