On Martin Luther King Day, the kids didn't have school, so I took them to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, New Jersey. Paul was planning to go but he couldn't walk in the morning because his foot hurt too much. I insisted he go to the doctor while I took the kids even though I was nervous to drive there on my own. Sure enough, Paul had an infection in his foot. Two days later he was in the hospital for the rest of the week. Thankfully, the infection didn't travel to the bone and they were able to treat it with IV antibiotics. Whew! What a relief.
The kids loved the aquarium. They had a ton of touch tanks. They were able to touch sharks, rays, crabs, lobsters, starfish, anenomes, jellyfish, shrimp, and more things that I can't remember. The shark tunnel was awesome! Each twist and turn in the aquarium brought us new things to explore. My camera battery ran out halfway through the trip but it was a wonderful, educational activity for the kids.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment