I nearly freaked out when I was told Spencer had to make and decorate a cake for the Blue and Gold Banquet. I am not much of a cake decorator at all and just the thought of doing something creative didn't appeal to me whatsoever. But Spencer was soooooo excited about it so I knew we had to do something exciting. Luckily, Paul had the idea of making a Cub Scout. Apparently, he made one when he was a kid in Scouts. So I made the cake, Paul bought all the candy (way too much of it, which the kids loved), and Spencer decorated it to look like his best friend, Eric. We were all so happy with how well it turned out! Despite my early misgivings, it turned into a very fun activity for the family.
 |
| Cub Scout Eric! |
 |
| He's excited! |
 |
| He's very proud of his creation! |
 |
| The girls insisted on being in a picture, too! |
 |
| Spencer received the Cub Scout Spirit Award for his unique cake. |
No comments:
Post a Comment