Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sleepless Nights

I haven't slept more than a couple of hours for the last 6 days and I'm getting a little loopy! Our kids are just spreading a fever around. Courtney has been the non-sleeper since Saturday night. She goes to bed fine but wakes up when the fever starts spiking in the middle of the night. Last night was the worst because every time I tried to put her back to bed, she cried so loudly that it woke up Caitlin. Spencer also had a fever and wasn't sleeping well. At one point, we had Spencer, Caitlin and Courtney in our bed with us. I don't know about any of you, but I can't sleep when the kids are in the bed. Paul has no problem sleeping with them there. In fact, a lot of times, he doesn't even notice that they're there. After about an hour of trying not to move (so I didn't fall off the bed or smash a kid,) I took Spencer, left Caitlin and Courtney in our bed with Paul and bunked in Spencer's room. That didn't work either because Spencer wouldn't stop talking. Paul got up to go to work about 5:30 and Courtney and Caitlin were still in our room.

I took all the kids to the doctor on Monday but it must be viral because he couldn't see anything that was treatable by antibiotics. . . just my luck! I have been sick since Sunday but I'm surviving. We all are! I know eventually we will get better because Rachel and Caitlin are over it so I know there's hope.

4 comments:

Beckie said...

Wow! Sounds like a rough few days. I hope the worst of it is over and you start the mend soon. It is already really hard when kiddos are sick, but when everyone is sleep deprived on top of it...forget about it!

Mike and Jana Black said...

My favorite thing is when all the kids are sick, nothing like it. We've been lucky so far. Everyone got rsv and stuff right before the baby was born!

Mike and Jana Black said...

My favorite thing is when all the kids are sick, nothing like it. We've been lucky so far. Everyone got rsv and stuff right before the baby was born!

boys in the hood said...

I am so sorry your kids are still sick! What a bummer...I hope they will be better soon, having sick kids is the hardest part of being a Mom! Answering your questions from your comment on my blog...I got real lucky with the pics of Taylor, they were taken by his bed, it's black, the natural light was just perfect. Taylor was also totally set up when he got his tooth pulled, by my friend Sarah and me, next time won't be as easy I'm sure!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones