Thursday started my weekend of fun! First, I went with some friends out to dinner to say goodbye to my friend, Sandra, who is moving. Friday we had soccer. On Saturday, Rachel and I had a mommy-daughter date. She's trying to get into aerobic shape for swim team which starts in a couple of weeks so we took a seven mile bike ride on the bike path right by our house. It was perfect weather and the path is beautiful this time of year--it's a wooded path bordered by sweet-smelling honeysuckle, woods, and wildflowers. After we pedaled up our final hill, we went out to lunch and grocery shopping/short shopping. (a.k.a. Walmart) Then we got lots of flowers at Lowe's and planted my flowerpots for the deck and front porch. It always makes me so happy to have flowers on the deck! I love being out there now.
Yesterday we had church as usual. The choir sang and did a nice job. Choir practice was worse than usual--we had no men and I had no accompanist for the third week in a row! Oh well. . . the women sounded good. After church, we had an open house at our home for Sandra and her family. There were a ton of people here and we had a great evening with hanging out with our ward family. The kids all had someone to play with and I enjoyed visiting with friends. The weather was gorgeous so we could be inside and out in the backyard as well. I love having things at my house! Even though it's a little stressful before it starts, it's fun doing it!
Today, Paul spent all morning and some of the afternoon mulching while I pushed kids on swings and occasionally shoveled a little mulch here and there. Then we took the kids to the pool (for our early FHE). This is the first time in years that I didn't have to get in the pool with the kids! It was really fun sitting on the side watching them and chatting with my neighbors. The pool is freezing today but Paul did venture in at Spencer's urging. What a good dad! Tonight, Paul has arranged to have a babysitter so we can go on a date so I'd better get ready!
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



3 comments:
Do your girls swim already? I need to get mine into lessons this summer (aka winter here).
No, they don't swim. The pool just has a really nice baby pool that is perfect for them this year. I have them signed up for swimming lessons this summer.
I was coming to ask the same question. We went swimming with Sandra at her hotel the other day and I was thinking that Bethany needs lessons also.
Katherine beat me to the question though!
Post a Comment