On Saturday, Paul bought a trampoline from Sam's Club. I've been wanting one for years but after hearing some of his stories about trampolines (like jumping off his neighbor's house onto a trampoline) I can understand now why he's been so reluctant to buy one. I have always loved trampolines! I remember many exciting days as a kid jumping and flipping on trampolines. They are so much fun and good exercise. Anyway, Paul only got the frame put together before our dinner guests arrived so it's been sitting on the grass waiting to be completed.
Yesterday Paul told the kids we would build it for family home evening. Unfortunately, he didn't get home from work until dusk but the kids held him to his promise so we built the trampoline last night by flashlight. We still have to put up the safety net but the kids tried it out today and had a great morning jumping and bouncing. I was a nervous wreck the entire time but the kids all survived with no injuries. I can't wait for the safety net to be installed.
Yesterday Paul told the kids we would build it for family home evening. Unfortunately, he didn't get home from work until dusk but the kids held him to his promise so we built the trampoline last night by flashlight. We still have to put up the safety net but the kids tried it out today and had a great morning jumping and bouncing. I was a nervous wreck the entire time but the kids all survived with no injuries. I can't wait for the safety net to be installed.



4 comments:
That will be great to have! Our neighbor just got one a few weeks ago also and we have spent lots of time over at Kasper's lately.
We have permission to go when they are not home. It is almost like our own private tramp! I love how long she can spend on it and how much fun she has too!
Cute pics - I like Courtney's hair straight up in the air!
How did any of us ever grow to adulthood without safety nets and five point harness carseats? I was pondering the overabundance of safety precautions in the US today.
I was in Sam's Club and a forklift drove past me, turned right in front of me and pulled a palate off the top shelf and drove away. This would never happen in the US. There would be orange flags being waved and rows corded off in order to get down all those boxes of steel wool.
I survived that and the non-use of elbow or knee pads when I was a kid. I must be destined for great things to be protected like that. We all are.
I want one too! I think we are going to buy one soon, I'm tired of kids jumping on my sofa. Looks like the kids will be having a blast, next when you get the safety net up, turn on the sprinkler underneath and let 'em jump, they will love it! (we do it at our friends all the time.)
I am so jealous! I love trampolines. They are an essential part of childhood. What a fun mom you are.
Post a Comment