Friday, July 11, 2008

More quotes

"He was just staring at me, like he was in awe." Rachel, clearly not lacking confidence about her appearance, describing a boy at the pool yesterday.

"It was another three swim suit day today but two are already clean! You are a laundry queen." Rachel, describing my laundry challenges (she has used three towels and three swimsuits in one day twice this week) and my laundry prowess. What can I say, "I got skills!"

"I have a water bottle. Ooh, the water is warm. That's good!" Rachel, while we were driving home from her swim meet last night and she was shivering in her wet swimsuit.

Speaking of the swim meet, Rachel had her best swim meet ever. She swam in five events and even got to swim in the crescendo which is always the last race of the night. It's a relay with kids from every age group and Rachel got to be the final swimmer on her team. She normally only swims two or three events so it was an exciting night! I had a babysitter and it was a really nice night in a beautiful setting with some great swimming. And, of course, Rachel's team won 14-0. They are undefeated this season and have dominated every meet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to do laundry AND get all caught up like you - but I failed! You are the LAUNDRY QUEEN!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones