Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Can a zucchini make good bikini bread?

We are beginning to have a bountiful harvest of yummy food from the garden. In the last week we have picked tons and tons of green beans, lots of peas (yum!), more broccoli, several tomatoes, green bell peppers and zucchini. The peas and broccoli get eaten immediately because the kids love them. I take newly-picked pea pods to the pool and even the neighbor kids beg to eat them. The green beans--well, I have so many I'm going to have to freeze or can them but I don't have a pressure canner so I need to get one. Last year I froze them but I want to try canning them this year.

And the zucchini, ah the ever-producing zucchini. . . the kids love zucchini bread the best. In fact, yesterday when I brought in more zucchini from the garden, Courtney begged, "Mommy, please make more bikini bread," so I complied and made four loaves of zucchini bread and a zucchini cake. They turned out great! My kids say the cutest things!

2 comments:

Mike and Jana Black said...

Yum bikini bread. I haven't had that in a while. Your kids are so cute. See you in a few weeks!

boys in the hood said...

sounds YUMMY...can we come to your house???

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones