- Spencer and Rachel both had excellent grades this quarter. I went to Spencer's parent teacher conference and his teacher had only good things to say about him, both academically and behaviorally. Rachel made the honor roll with her highest grades so far this year. I'm pleased that both of them work hard in school and do their best.
- During the last week and a half, the kids managed to have 12 doctor and dentist appointments. They were mostly routine check-ups but the kids are tired of going to doctor's offices and so am I. Unfortunately, Rachel's getting braces so we'll be going quite a bit over the next couple of years.
- Spencer loves soccer and is playing very well so I'm glad I registered him this season. His team is undefeated at the moment which may have something to do with why he likes it so much.
- Rachel has the sniffles this week. I told her maybe she has allergies like her Dad because EVERYTHING is in bloom right now (beautiful!) She insisted she doesn't have allergies and it's just a cold. Then she said, "Can you catch allergies from people? Because the boy that I sit next to at school has allergies and he's always sneezing on me." I had to laugh! However, if he has the swine flu, it won't be a laughing matter.
- Speaking of swine flu, I have a slight cold and I have nearly all the symptoms but because I don't have a fever, I think it's just a cold, thank goodness. I told Rachel I caught her "allergies" from her. We had to laugh again. I wish they would rename the swine flu something different. . . it irritates me that I think of snorting, muddy pigs every time I read or hear a story about it.
- Rachel got upset with me last week because the PTA sponsored a 5th and 6th grade dance and I didn't let her go (it was a PTA fundraiser of all things!) Am I crazy or is 5th grade a bit young for dances? I took her to "Pirates of Penzance" instead. Surprisingly, her life didn't end because she didn't go to the dance and she ended up having a great time and I got to support a couple of our young women who starred in the play.
- Spring has finally arrived and my lilacs are in bloom--they are my favorite flower because they smell sooooo good. Our whole yard smells delicious!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Random stuff
It's been a while so here's a quick update:
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
I think 11 is too young for a dance. I don't know that I will make my kids wait until 14 for school dances though. Like everything else I guess it is a balance.
Sorry you are under the weather! Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment