Yesterday, while I was sitting at the pool during swim team, I decided it was the perfect day to go to the beach. I have never dared to take the kids to the Jersey shore without another adult but now that Rachel's 11, I figured it was completely do-able with her help. After securing Rachel's promise to aid me in watching the children, I told the kids we could go after we ate lunch and completed some housework.
Soon after we returned home, we had some of our favorite friends come to visit unexpectedly. They brought us Panera Bread and we enjoyed a delicious lunch together. They even helped us do some cleaning around the house (thanks!)
After saying goodbye to our friends, we packed up the car and headed "down the shore." (For "yous" out-of-staters, this is the colloquial term for going to the beach.) The day was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time wading in the water, finding shells, building sandcastles and soaking up the sun and feeling the sand seep through our toes. I love the ocean. Spending time there relaxes me and brings me more joy than I can describe. . . even when I'm taking care of four children.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago













2 comments:
wow! You have had a busy summer. We would love to get together and have the kids play, and visit with you and Paul. I told James to call you bc he has your number on his phone. Way to pass the buck:) Really we would love to come hang out.
Oh I do wish we were just a short jaunt from the shore. What a perfect summer day! I'm envious.
Oh, and Spencer's comments on the next post make me smile.
Post a Comment