Another week has flown by and I have no pictures to show for it. I am trying to ease myself into the fall routine, getting accustomed to four kids going to three schools, soccer practices, piano lessons, activity days, etc. I also did something just for me and joined Weight Watchers. So far, so good but it's only been a week and a half. Thankfully, the point system is a lot easier to figure out than I thought it would be and I am particularly lucky to have a friend going with me which helps me stay motivated. I've had a few weak moments. . . Friday night's pizza was a real temptation but I managed to keep myself in check. I haven't eaten cheese for a while and I CRAVE its melted, oozy goodness. Okay, okay I can't even talk about it without wanting it so I'll stop now!
The weekend was a relaxing one. On Friday, three of my friends came over as we resumed our weekly scrapbooking/project days at my house after a summer of occasional get togethers. This weekly event is really my mental health day because I get to hang out with some of my favorite people, eat delicious lunch together and accomplish something at the same time. Afterwards, Katherine stayed with all her kids until 9 p.m. Rachel also had a friend sleep over so all the kids had a playmate. When Paul finally arrived home from work and I had all the kids in bed, I ran over to Katherine's and watched the last few minutes of the movie we didn't finish before the kids' bedtime. It's great to have her living in the neighborhood. I'm so glad she's back. . . Brazil was just way too far away!
We had two soccer games on Saturday. I went to one and Paul went to the other. Spencer's team won and Rachel's team tied in a real battle. Saturday also brought the BYU/FSU game and Paul desperately wanted to see it. However, DirecTV is having a contract dispute with Comcast so they're no longer carrying Versus, which was the network carrying the game. We are not happy because we specifically purchased the Sports Package so we could watch BYU football. Despite all that, my BYU football fanatic husband still wanted to see the game so he called all the local hotels to see if they had Versus there. He finally found one and was ready to rent a room at the Marriott for the night just to watch the game. Just as we were packing up the family to go, a friend called Paul and asked if he wanted to watch the game at his house. Whew. . . what a relief, especially when FSU stomped BYU. We would have wasted our money to watch an extremely disappointing game. I am so glad I didn't see it! It's a real shame that BYU lost when they were finally getting some respect for the conference.
Sunday was a typical Sunday although we were extremely late to church (the culprits shall remain nameless.) The rest of the day was spent relaxing, eating a delicious Sunday roast beef and mashed potato dinner and enjoying spending time as a family. I feel so blessed to have my husband and kids in my life. They are the best! Now it's back to the treadmill of the week. . . gotta get running! See ya!
Monday, September 21, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



2 comments:
I just had to laugh that Paul would be willing to rent a hotel room.... to watch BYU football. Some things I will just never understand. :)
Kerri Keep up your diet plan. I will join you. I resisted Icecream tonight. Tomorrow John & I are planning a ride to a park Jacobsburg State Park, thanks to your recommondation. We plan on eating at Hartman's I hear they specialize in icecream.
LaRaine
Post a Comment