Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's Christmas!

We can't believe how quickly Christmas arrived! Because of our unplanned trip to Utah, it seemed like the month of December flew by. I did most of the shopping in one day because that's the only time I had to do it! But everything got done and by Christmas Eve, it was time to wrap presents and get ready for the big day.

As usual, on Christmas Eve, the kids performed the traditional Madsen family Nativity re-enactment. Courtney played baby Jesus, Caitlin was the angel, Spencer took on the role of Joseph and Rachel reprised her role of Mary. Courtney was a pretty big baby Jesus (too big) and knocked the couch cushion manger down several times, keeping Mary busy reconstructing it over and over again. Halfway through Luke 2, Joseph started jumping from the back of the couch to the floor while the angel twirled around and sang to herself. I finally told Paul to stop reading before he got to the wise men because we ran out of kids for the available parts. Overall, the play was cute and memorable! Despite the chaos of it all, I hope it reminded the kids of the real reason for Christmas.

Christmas morning arrived a little too soon for Mommy and Daddy but the kids were thrilled with all their gifts and they spent the rest of their day unpackaging them, trying them out and on and hanging out with the family. I guess it makes all the work involved in shopping, wrapping and baking worth it in the end.

Photobucket
Courtney dances in her new tutu and tiara.


Photobucket
The children enthusiastically show off their first presents from Santa.


Photobucket
Spencer completes his first lego toy (I think it's a Star Wars tri-fighter) in record time.


Photobucket
Caitlin demonstrates her ballet prowess for the camera.


Photobucket
Paul models his new BYU hat while he peruses Rachel's wildlife book.


Photobucket
The girls play Trouble. We always play board games and put together puzzles on Christmas.


Merry Christmas
I look a little worn out and frazzled but at least my clothes are festive!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones