Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Pictures

Courtney, Melissa, Chris & Caitlin
Paul's making lunch for everyone

Rachel in her pretty Easter dress
Spencer with his newest legos creation


Rachel and Camille relaxing after church



The 3 C's: Courtney, Chris and Caitlin
Here are some of the first pictures I took on Easter. I have to download the rest later. Unfortunately, I had to leave for choir practice before the kids were dressed and by the time I got home, the girls had taken off their sweaters and Spencer had removed his dress shirt and tie but they did look good at church anyway, I just missed it with the camera!
Church was very nice. Saturday night, I decided I needed to add narration to our Choir program, so at 2 a.m., I wrote a quick narration. I hadn't asked anyone to narrate though so when I arrived at choir practice I begged one of the men to read it. He agreed and did an outstanding job. The choir sang beautifully. They are really beginning to have a real sense of enunciation and phrasing which makes a big difference in their ability to move people with music. We just sang three songs but they turned out well. Our string/flute quartet also played the prelude music.
After church, we ate lunch. Then I sent Chris, Camille (another niece who visited us this weekend) and Melissa out to hide the eggs in the backyard. The kids had a good time finding them, although Spencer wanted to find every egg and got angry when the other kids found some to put in their baskets. It was a beautiful day--perfect for an egg hunt.
Then we dyed Easter eggs. Normally we do this on Saturday but we were so busy that we didn't get around to it but the kids still wanted to keep the tradition so we did decorate the eggs. The kids loved it. Now we have to eat them. . .hmmm, deviled eggs, anyone?
After dinner, we frosted our traditional bunny cake. Rachel and I used candy to make a face, decorate his bowtie and ears. Spencer got upset and said he wanted to add some m&ms. I said, "Okay, you can add more candy to the bow tie." However, while I was getting the twins into their jammies, Spencer decided to add some m&ms on other places besides the bow tie. By the time I had Caitlin and Courtney in their pjs, it was too late for our once-cute cake. Spencer put candy all over it so it looked like a bunny with measles. When I asked Spencer why he added all the candy, he said, "I was just making it tastier." Well, he has a point--adding m&ms adds chocolate flavoring to the yellow cake which does make it better!





2 comments:

boys in the hood said...

Your kids are so cute! Wish we could come over and play! Hope you had a Happy Easter!

Mike and Jana Black said...

Sounds like fun. Easter is a fun time for kids. You guys do the bunny cake too, do you hide money in it? I found $2 in the bunny cake at the Brown easter picnic.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones