Monday, March 17, 2008

A lesson about paleontology. . .in primary!

I have absolutely NOTHING to write. We didn't go anywhere exciting this weekend. We are sooooo boring! Well, I went to Sam's Club to stock up on meat, which was my Saturday fun. That evening, Paul and I took the kids to the Chinese buffet for dinner, which was my Saturday torture--how many times did the twins have to go to the dirty public bathroom do you ask? Four, yes--count it--four times while we were there, each time taking about 15 minutes each! I do like a buffet because there's no waiting involved and I've finally learned to discipline myself and only eat one plate (after many years of waddling out of buffets.) Plus the restaurant has a fish pond and a huge aquarium with turtles and fish so the kids love going there. I have to keep their hands out of the pond but they look forward to it and it's a cheap meal out, especially when we use a coupon. Rachel's evening ended poorly with an unpleasant trip to the bathroom to vomit, but aside from that, the kids had a great dinner!

Caitlin continued the multiple trips to the potty tradition by claiming to have to go three times during Sacrament meeting yesterday! By the third time, I discovered she was just trying to find some reason to get out of there. What can you expect, it was Dry Council day, after all!

A funny thing happened yesterday at church. I was playing the piano in Relief Society when Rachel came running in with a panicked look on her face. She said, "Spencer's giving a talk right now." I said, "What?" and she said, "They announced he had a talk so he just stood up and is talking." I looked around the room to see if I could find someone to play the piano and finally spotted Sherry Smith and asked her to play for me but by the time I rushed into the primary room, it was too late. Rachel came to the back, horrified, and said, "He just stood up there and talked about dinosaurs." Apparently, the primary president read the wrong line on the talk assignments and asked Spencer to come up when it wasn't his turn. It didn't phase Spencer who went right up front and gave his talk. On the bright side, he did mention Jesus in the end by saying Jesus came to earth after the dinosaurs were extinct. I talked to his primary teacher afterward who was quite amused by the whole thing. She said, "I knew he would talk about either dinosaurs or pirates and I was right!" The thing that really cracked me up was Rachel's reaction to the whole episode. She was completely embarassed by her brother and even went up and asked the primary president if Spencer could do it another week when he was "prepared." She is my little perfectionist! Ah, kids and their unique personalities. . .

That's our weekend. I just looked at my sister's pictures of her weekend to Catalina so her husband could run a marathon and my brother's pictures from an ice climbing trip and I realized how uninteresting my life really is! Oh well, the kids keep me on my toes and give me joy and amusement and my husband loves me, what more can I ask for?

4 comments:

boys in the hood said...

Spencer is such a hoot!!! There is not a dull moment in your I'm sure, not even at church. Thanks making me laugh tonight, I needed it :0)

Emily Conkey said...

That was the funniest story I'd ever read. I was laughing so loud Don got distracted from doing the dishes. Dang it! Just when I thought I was off the hook he realized that I was slacking off. Thanks for the laughs sissy!

Flying Princess said...

That was great! Potty trips and dinosaurs, what more do we need.

And, you are exciting, just in a different kind of way.

Beckie said...

I love your blog. You make me laugh rigt out loud. I think you are exciting in all the ways that are important.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones