Yesterday after church, I attempted to take a nap and left Paul in charge. While closing my eyes (not sleeping yet or ever because of interruptions), Caitlin and Courtney brought me a "present." When I opened my eyes, I discovered a large platter full of flower tops (no stems). They deflowered all my peonies and removed almost every flower from my four flowerpots on the deck. They were so pleased with their gift to me that I didn't have the heart to get upset. It was a sweet idea and the flowers will grow back, at least on the deck.
This weekend was busy as usual. Friday, we had soccer practice. Friday night, Spencer was so cute. He was so excited to tell me that he and Rachel were watching "Chicken Noodle" (a.k.a. Chicken Little) on Disney Channel. I thought his interpretation of the title was hilarious! Saturday, Rachel had a soccer game so Paul and the kids went to that while I attended a funeral for a woman in our ward who has spent much of her recent years in hospitals and nursing homes. I was one of the few people in the ward who knew her so I was glad to attend her funeral. Afterwards, we took her two daughters (who flew in from California) out to lunch as they were the only family present. Saturday evening, we had a new family in the ward to dinner. He starts working for Paul's company today so we wanted to welcome them here. It was a great meal and all the kids got along well and we had some fun getting to know them.
Yesterday was a typical Sunday. Church was great. I love testimony meeting. Choir practice went really well yesterday. We actually had four men attend so that made my day. After church, I cleaned up the kitchen and played with the kids until Paul woke up. Then I made my way to my nap attempt (as described above.) Afterwards, we had a delicious roast beef dinner and Paul went on exchanges with the missionaries. We had a good night and today is "Recovery Day" from the weekend as usual!



4 comments:
Sister Madsen!!!
I just found your blog. Your kids are getting so big!! Well i'm glad everything is going well. I really miss the ward. My husband, our baby, and I will be making a trip there during christmas. We hope to see you.
<3 The Reynas
Sister Madsen!!
I just found your blog. I'm so glad that your doing so well. Your kids are getting so big!
I really do miss the ward. We will be making a trip there during Christmas time. Hope to see you.
<3 The Reynas
SO cute. I love the flower platter, so darling.
Trampolines are so much fun!
It was pretty at least and a nice gesture.
Bethany seems to only pick the dandelions for me. I'm sure your yard doesn't have any of those though!
Post a Comment