Sunday, November 30, 2008

I've Got a Little Mountain Fever

Bridal Veil Falls (a waterfall just minutes from my parents' home)
Mount Timpanogos

Sometimes I get homesick. I especially miss the mountains. Out my parents' living room window is a stunning view of Timp. I saw this photo today of Mount Timpanogos and it made me wish I was sitting in the living room laughing and joking with my family. I never realized how great it was having mountains in my backyard until I moved 2000 miles away from home. Growing up, I didn't think it was unique having a huge waterfall seven minutes away or hiking trails within minutes of my house or unbelievable views of canyons, valleys and craggy cliffs so close to home. I didn't appreciate being able to get to Sundance in fifteen minutes. I do now. Yes, I do now.

Don't get me wrong. . .we have many beauties here that rival Utah. We have forests, gorgeous wildflowers, great trails and even mountains (although they're like foothills to me.) But as far as I'm concerned, there's no match for the mountains of home.

4 comments:

jfodonnell1@gmail.com said...

you are right the mountains and water falls, are beautiful. I miss them too. Some day you will live next to those great mountains, remember the sunsets over the mountains. WOW!!
LaRaine

boys in the hood said...

Amen! I really miss them too! Man, we had it good in good ole' "Happy Valley" I still dream about sitting in my front room peering out the window at Mt. Timp...ok I'm depressing myself now...cause I'm in Oklahoma! (It's really not that bad here..we love living here!)

Terri said...

Everytime I go home... I take a drive up Provo Canyon. There is definately something about those mountains, isn't there?

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

I totally feel your pain! Were leaving in 1 week 3 days for Utah and can't wait! We too miss the beauties of Utah. Nothing beats it!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones