Sunday is over again? Awwww :-( The weekend goes by way too fast! It was a good one. Poor Paul's been sick with the same thing I've had for more than a week and he's pretty miserable. Despite that, he rented a trailer on Saturday, hired a kid from my ward and collected all the dead stuff from the garden, tree limbs, etc. and took it to the township yard waste place and dumped it. . . all in the pouring rain. My guy is such a hard worker! He then went to the doctor.
I went to a wedding shower on Saturday, watched the awesome BYU game and went grocery shopping very late Saturday night. It was a good day.
It was the primary program today, always a highlight of the year. Spencer and Rachel did a great job saying their parts. Rachel also played her violin and she did a terrific job. It was fun to watch Spencer on the stand. He made it known to me and everyone else by his facial expressions that he was bored. But he hung in there and made it through sacrament meeting without causing any disruptions. He even sang most of the songs or at least pretended to. He's not a fan of singing even though he has a nice voice. He was pretty disappointed that he still had to go to primary when it was over. He thought church was over for the day and was ready to head for home after sacrament meeting.
Today I had the fun opportunity of teaching the 16-18 year olds in Sunday School with no notice. It actually turned out to be a pretty good lesson despite having no preparation time. We talked about the pride cycle and some chapters in Helaman. Once again, I was reminded how much the book of Helaman is like our time. The wicked judges, the secret combinations, etc. I emphasized being steadfast and immovable and lifting each other up so we can face today's world. The kids were all participating and commenting so it made things a lot easier.
Relief Society was about the second coming. I have been thinking about the second coming a lot lately. I often wonder if people are recognizing the signs of the times. It made me more determined to be ready to see the Savior and to help fortify my family to keep them strong despite the wickedness all around us. There are so many things I can do better as a mom and personally so I just need to start each day fresh and not waste the time I have.
Choir practice went very well today even though we didn't have that many people there. We just keep going, going, going and pretty soon, we have music learned. Today was one of those great days when a couple of our Christmas songs began sounding really good. It made me feel more confident that we will get everything learned in time for Christmas.
And now I must head to bed. Hopefully, we will all wake up tomorrow with no more coughing!
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment