Rachel had a great time at ski club and she told me she's now a pro at the bunny hill. It sounds like it's time for me to start skiing again after a long break! Just talking to her about it made me want to go! I am glad I finally have someone to go with. Paul used to ski when he was younger but ever since he had knee surgery, he can't ski anymore. So I haven't gone for a very long time. The last time I went, I didn't fall the entire time until our last run of the day when I fell at the lift line and I seriously couldn't get up. My legs were like Jello and my brothers were laughing at me and telling me to get up, thinking I was faking it but I wasn't!
Today we're in the midst of a snowstorm but Rachel still had her basketball game. It was a half an hour away and they didn't have as much snow, thus the reason they still had the game. So I dropped off Spencer at his friend's house for a Star Wars Birthday Party and took Rachel to the game. She didn't get to play much and they lost. Too bad!
After we got home, Paul and Spencer had a light saber battle because Spencer's party favor was a light saber so now we have two. Paul cracked me up when they were fighting when he said, "You cannot defeat me with any of your weapons because I have a shield of blubber. I am related to Jabba the Hutt."
Later this afternoon, the kids spent time playing and sledding in the snow. The snow is pretty powdery (which is not our normal snow) so sleds don't slide as well as they do on our normally icy snow. However, tonight the snow storm's supposed to turn into an ice storm so that will add the perfect sheen for better sledding in the future.
Now I'm wondering if they're going to cancel church in the morning with the impending ice storm. It's supposed to continue through the morning. Should I prepare for singing time? (I'm subbing until they get a new chorister.) Should I practice "Oh, That I Were an Angel?" on the piano? I'm supposed to accompany someone and it's a little difficult. I guess I will, just in case.



1 comment:
I am supposed to teach the Beehives tomorrow. I just checked the weather and it is ice and freezing rain from 1 am to 6 am and then the snow is starting again.
That is the worst combo.
I read the lesson but am not as prepared as I otherwise would be. I am such a gambler!
I would rather have church though if it is safe to go - I have missed the Sacrament for at least three weeks because we were late...
Post a Comment