There's no school again today. If I would have known that we'd have three extra days of vacation, I would have planned some sort of an outing! Although I do get it. I went out to the car to get something today, slipped and nearly fell flat on my back. Freezing rain is dangerous because you think the pavement's just wet when it's really a sheet of ice frozen to look like droplets of rain. We'll enjoy having fun in the warmth of our home.
I forgot to write this cute story! Back when we had a bunch of snow, Caitlin and Courtney ran outside carrying spoons. When I asked them what they were doing, they said they were going to eat the snow!
The twins are very creative in their play and make up the most interesting games to entertain themselves. Today they were in their bathtub, fully clothed, sliding down the slightly curved edge over and over again and were laughing and having the best time ever. They also played hide and seek in my closet. Even when one could immediately see where the other was hiding, they still got all excited when they found each other. This morning, they stepped on a crocheted blanket and glided around the hardwood floor like it was an ice rink. I even tried it! With my sore body (from Wii fit) it seemed like a workout but fun! Why didn't I ever think of it before? Oh, yeah, growing up somehow destroyed my ingenuity and ability to entertain myself without t.v., books, computer, etc. That's one of the great things about being a parent--you get to see creativity in your kids! To observe children absolutely fascinated watching squirrels running up and down trees or an ant colony reminds us of the amazing things right in front of us that we don't notice as adults as we're hustling our kids off to the next activity designed to entertain and keep our them busy. In reality, we have plenty of fun and excitement right in our own homes and backyards if we just take a few minutes to discover the world around us and be creative in our play.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



2 comments:
Totally! My kids have more fun playing pretend than with any of the new toys they got for Christmas.
And I am sore from the Wii Fit, too. I LOVE IT!!! Especially the game with people's miis on the balls.
What is your Wii age? I was 70 and then I got better but still no where near my true age of 31.
It is pretty fun. We don't have one, but I like to play it with Nathan and Jessica.
Love the spoon story! I love watching them play pretend too!
Post a Comment