Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Making heart cookies for the twins' preschool party


Another week has flown by. It began with Courtney sick and ended with Caitlin sick. Everyone seems to be getting better so I am hopeful that we'll all be back to normal very soon. I have a nasty sounding cough but it sounds much worse than it is. I actually feel pretty good. A few highlights from the week:
  1. The choir sang on Sunday. It sounded pretty good. . . we could use a lot more men who actually practice with us prior to singing but I was glad the missionaries stepped in at the last minute to help my one bass.
  2. Monday night Paul gave the family home evening lesson about communication with our Heavenly Father. He gave the kids a quiz about prayers and then talked about priesthood blessings. The kids loved it! They always love their Daddy's quiz games.
  3. Tuesday night was New Beginnings. Rachel is turning 12 in December so she was invited and welcomed into Young Women. I can't believe she'll be going into Young Women this year. I have mixed feelings about her getting older. I just wish she could stay as pure and innocent as she is now. . . but I love the idea of her being able to babysit! I accompanied the girls in their musical presentation. It turned out beautifully. The girls sang very well, shared an inspiring message and gave moving testimonies. I just love working with the young women!
  4. Wednesday was a crazy day! The twins and I made cookies for their pre-school class, Rachel had piano lessons, I took dinner to a family and I also went to enrichment meeting. It was a fun "Can Can" night. We dry pack canned a bunch of food storage for our Bishop's family and others canned a family home evening, time capsules and emergency money.
  5. On Thursday, Spencer, Caitlin and Courtney had their Valentine's Day parties. We had fun preparing the Valentines. Spencer enjoyed writing the names of every one in his class. I actually found out a lot about each of the kids as Spencer talked about them while he was filling out their cards. I ended up making cookies for Rachel's class about 10:30 last night when she reminded me she signed me up to make lemon cookies (her faves). Paul brought me home a beautiful bunch of two dozen pink and red roses. He spoils me!
  6. Today was a half day at school. It was fairly warm today (47 degrees) so the kids jumped on the tramp for quite a while. Tonight is kind of quiet because Rachel's skiing and Spencer's at a movie with his friend Charlie so it's just me and the girls. I am looking forward to putting them to bed and having a night to myself. Hopefully, Paul will get home soon!



No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones