Highlights of the last week:
- On President's Day, I took Rachel and her friend skiing. The entire resort was packed with New Yorkers but we had a great time. We skied the entire day and I wasn't nearly as sore as the last time I went. I did chicken out of one black diamond all-terrain run. As I rode the lift up the mountain, I realized it was a full of jumps, stairs and other stunt type things. As I observed tons of people falling and discovered how steep it was at the top, my anxiety began building and I really started psyching myself out. When we got off the lift, I saw an intermediate run going a different way (hallelujah!) and told Rachel and her friend I'd meet them at the bottom. I'm sure I would have broken my leg or experienced great bodily injury if I would have tried it. Call me a wimp but I left the resort uninjured. All in all, it was a fun day of skiing! I'm so glad I started skiing again.
- Beware! We have the stomach flu in our house. It began on Thursday with Rachel who threw up at school (luckily hardly anyone saw it because it was in the hallway during class) and then at home. At the moment, Caitlin, Courtney, Spencer and Paul are all experiencing the yuck. It has taken over my life for the past several days. So far, I haven't gotten it but I've been fully involved in clean-up and nursing operations. I hope that if I just keep washing my hands, I'll avoid it!
- My friend Sandra came to visit this week. She moved to upstate New York and I've missed her so it was great to catch up with her and see her cute boys.
- I didn't mention that Paul and I went out on Valentine's Day. We saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and enjoyed an after-movie snack at Olive Garden. We both liked the movie. It was quite a bit different from the book but very funny. The best part of our date was simply being together. It's so wonderful having my true love with me on Valentine's Day.



1 comment:
Glad you're back...i was kindof wondering where you were...hadn't seen you on facebook or anything! Did you get my message about Heather? Also, are you going to try to go to the reunion? We are going! I'm so excited to go back to Utah I can hardly wait to see those beautiful mountains!!!!
Post a Comment