Am I the only one who MUST recycle? When I'm trying to remove labels from my milk jugs or wash an empty tin can before placing it in the recycling bin, I get irritated because it is such a pain. Occasionally, I throw away an empty can rather than clean it out of laziness but the guilt nearly kills me so the next time I do my duty. I do think it's good to recycle. . .but sometimes I wish it was as easy as tossing it in the garbage can. That's why I love recycling newspaper. . .it's the easiest.
Good grief! What am I complaining about? We have every convenience these days but I wonder if we really appreciate it. Think about how simplified our life has become. It used to be if we wanted to know something, we had to make a trip to the library and deal with microfiche and card catalogues. Now, in just a few keystrokes, we have a detailed answer. If we had a car problem, we carried an emergency quarter in our shoes and had to find the nearest payphone, now we pull out the cell phone and we're rescued in no time. It used to be if we wanted to communicate with someone far away, we would either spend a ton of money on a phone call or it would take about 6 days for an answer; now we can instantly receive a reply from anywhere in the world. I guess washing a few cans and scraping off a few labels is really not that bad! We are so blessed by technology and innovation but I don't think we realize it very often. I know this is rambling. . . sometimes I must share the random thoughts in my head.
Today is a weird day. The kids are off from school (inservice) so we're being extremely lazy. I don't have anything new to read so I'm re-reading old books but I have absolutely nothing I'm interested in reading again which is getting on my nerves because Spencer's sick so I can't take the kids to the library. Maybe I'll raid Rachel's room and find a tween book to read. . . yep, I'm about that desperate! Rachel slept over at her friend's house and I need to pick her up but that would involve work (getting the kids in the car) so I have put it off all morning.
Paul is headed to Utah to visit his ailing mother and help with a work party at her house (the family is selling it) so I am looking at a weekend without his help--ugh! So here I am writing my rambling and strange thoughts for you like a stream of conscious novel or something. I have to say, it's not as strange as some Faulkner I've read (and I quote, "My mother is a fish.") although he's considered a genius and I know I'm not. Maybe if I wrote something really bizarre, I might be considered a brilliant novelist.
Well I'd better go get Rachel and get myself into gear. If you know of a good book to read, let me know so I can order it on Amazon. It will give me something to look forward to!
Friday, February 27, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



2 comments:
Oh, I dig stuff out of the trash bc James will not recycle. The kids are pretty good about what goes where. He is a punk sometimes. Yes, I do feel bad if I throw anything that should go in the recycle away. However, I feel like PA has lots of water so I don't feel bad about using more then I did in CA:)
Such fun to read your blog!
Post a Comment