I am having a weird day today. I registered on the OHS 20 year reunion website and started looking at different people's profiles from my high school class. Needless to say, it's been interesting to see where people are and what they are doing. I've also been reflecting on my life and wondering if I've had a positive impact on anyone in the last twenty years. I hope so but I certainly haven't done anything remarkable. However, all the things I dreamed about back in high school like graduating from college, getting married in the temple, having children and serving in the church have all come to pass and that's what really matters. I remember singing "Someday my prince will come. . . in the millennium" and really believing that I was never going to find the right one but here I am 18 1/2 years later and still happily married. I truly am blessed.
We had a great weekend. Saturday, Rachel had a basketball game. She played her best game by far and it was fun watching her and the rest of the team. She has improved a lot over the season and I'm very pleased with her hard work. The girls on her team are such nice girls and she couldn't ask for better coaches. I was just thinking how great it is to have such supportive parents on this team. All the parents are positive and kind to every kid on the team. You hear a lot of "good job ______"(fill in the blank) and never criticism. I've seen other parents who are quite the opposite and what a different feeling you get when you watch a game with what I call the "evil sideline parent." I'll never forget a parent chewing out his daughter when she didn't stop goals while playing goalie. Rachel nearly started crying hearing him belittle his daughter's efforts in the harshest and most public manner.
After the basketball game, Rachel and I went to Friday's for lunch then I dropped her at a friend's house. Later that afternoon, Paul took Spencer to a birthday party (woo hoo) and the girls and I played outside and had a good day.
I enjoyed church yesterday. I know the sac. mtg. theme was virtue but I didn't really hear the talks (thanks kids) but I'm sure they were great. Paul got called as the gospel doctrine teacher and he taught his first lesson yesterday. He did an outstanding job. I am loving the young women. I was told the beehives were quiet and didn't participate that much but I have found them to be talkative and fun to teach. I only had five minutes to give my lesson because opening exercises took so long so I had to dramatically condense the lesson but I did my best with the time I had.
Now it's back to reality--laundry, cleaning and kids so I'd better get back to it. Adios!
Monday, March 16, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
Okay, I will remind you of the quote I read for Women's conference - "long after the masterpieces have faded the work of motherhood continues to bear good fruit." Ok, so I am paraphrasing b/c I am too lazy to look it up but you get the point!
Being a mom to four great kids is REMARKABLE!
Post a Comment