Monday, March 2, 2009

There's no day like a snow day!

My guy
Getting ready to slide!

Caitlin on the swing


Spencer, Rachel, Megan (R's friend) and Caitlin


Rachel, my total snow bunny

Courtney has a great time swinging!



Courtney: "Mommy, I weally need socks. My feet are shivering."

After I gave her pink and white striped socks to wear:

"I like these socks. They are fashion."


Once again, school was cancelled for today's snow storm. Somehow, Paul makes it to work 40-60 minutes away each and every snow day but the kids can't get to school a few miles away. It's so silly! Poor Spencer--because he was sick last week, he only went to school twice and now he's missing another day! I've lost count of how many snow days we've had this year but it's a lot. I'm afraid to know when we're getting out of school in June (or will it be July?)

We just got back inside after playing in the snow. It's pretty deep today. The kids had to find their sleds because they left them outside. They were buried in the snow. We still are missing one but I know it's somewhere out there.

I rediscovered my breadmaker this week and I decided to try some different recipes to see how they turn out. It's been gathering the dust for years in the basement. Courtney begged me to make bread the other day and I made some in the breadmaker and remembered how easy it is to operate. Anyway, I tried a new recipe today: cinnamon rolls. They turned out nice and big and were delicious! The kids loved them and so did I! The best thing was that it was easy to make them using the bread maker and there was hardly any clean-up involved.

With our new Bishopric, changes are afoot in the ward. I always love it when this happens. I think most of the time, change is good and I confess that I enjoy speculating about who will fill different roles in the ward. Yesterday, I was released as choir director and ward music chairperson and called as beehive advisor. It's going to be so much fun! I love working with the young women, especially the youngest girls, who are full of enthusiasm about being in young women. I'll miss leading the choir but I was getting burned out so I'm happy to do something new. I am still the preparedness coordinator so I will to continue encouraging people to get their houses in order. Speaking of order in houses. . . I'd better get my dinner made. Adios!

1 comment:

boys in the hood said...

It's crazy what they close school's down for!!! We had 2 snow days so far, but we only had a few inches on the ground, I don't get it!
You will be a great Beehive adviser! I was the 2nd counselor and loved working with those girls!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones