Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Wonders of Warm Weather

Courtney has a great time twisting in the swing and letting go for spinning fun!
Spencer with his friend Jake who came to visit today

Caitlin is proud of her ability to pump herself now!

It was a beautiful day here! Notice that the kids are not wearing coats! Spencer even wore shorts today. What a contrast from the big snowstorm on Monday! The day began very well! I drove up to the Stake Center this morning for our stake Women's conference. It was an outstanding meeting. I enjoyed being with my sisters and being spiritually and physically fed. I feel enlightened and uplifted so it was well worth the effort to get there.

When I returned home, the kids and I spent the day outside. We finally took down the Christmas lights (yes. . .in March. . .no, we haven't had them on since January 1st but it was too cold, icy and snowy until today.) It took a long time since Paul decorated every bush and tree in our front yard. There's still one tree that remains covered in lights but I'm leaving it to Paul because it's wrapped around limbs and very high and I don't want to damage the buds so we'll have to use a ladder and I didn't feel like dragging it out into the mud. It was extremely muddy today and my shoes are filthy but the lights are gone.

Spencer's little friend Jake (who moved during the summer) came over to visit Spencer and played all day. They had such a good time together. I wish he still lived in the neighborhood. Rachel had a friend over and then went to a friend's. Yes. . . she's still my Miss Social. We all enjoyed the balmy weather today. Oh, that it would last!
Last night, some of my friends took me out to dinner for my upcoming birthday. It was so much fun. I am so grateful for my wonderful friends who help me survive living in the East so far away from my family. They are such generous and funny girls and they made my birthday terrific even though I'm practically middle aged. We laughed and laughed about the silliest things. It was a night to remember!

I'm so excited for spring. I noticed my irises are poking out of the ground and I saw a robin yesterday. I cherish every little sign of spring because I can't wait for this winter to end.

No comments:

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones