Highlights from Mother's Day:
- Rachel and I sang "Teach Me to Walk" in sacrament meeting. Rachel sang the 1st verse as a solo (her first in sacrament meeting), I sang the 2nd verse and we harmonized during the 3rd verse. It was fun to sing together. Rachel did a great job and I was very proud of her.
- All the kids sang with the primary. It was cute! I particularly loved seeing the twins on the stand for the first time.
- Spencer said, "I know it's Mother's Day. So when is Brother's Day?" I thought that was funny!
- I got in a much needed nap :)
- Paul and the kids prepared and served a delicious barbecue chicken dinner (my favorite) including chewy brownies (see above picture) for dessert which Paul baked and decorated beautifully.
- Spencer ran out to the garden first thing in the morning to get me some asparagus because he knows I love it and stepped on a rusty nail from one of our pea fences that had fallen apart when Paul was tilling on Saturday. Luckily, he recently had a tetanus shot. After seeing the doctor twice and taking some high powered antibiotics, he's recovering well.
- I received a darling book from Spencer all about me. Caitlin and Courtney made me magnets with their picture in the middle of a flower which they painted. My mom even sent me some hand-dipped chocolates and a knife which makes cut veggies look beautiful.
- Paul and the kids bought me the most awesome gift: an ipod touch! I love, love, love it!
- We are so grateful for my Mom and Paul's mom. They are the best!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment