
On Thursday, we went to Rachel's Middle School Orchestra Concert. Rachel is sitting second chair violin. (A 6th grader is first chair)

The music was absolutely beautiful. It was a very enjoyable evening. I had all the kids with me without Paul but I was prepared with coloring books and paper to draw on and we sat on the back row. It was a little stressful but we survived. When Spencer got bored, I gave him my ipod so he could listen to Star Wars music.

Here's the entire orchestra: 93 people

Rachel won the award for "Outstanding Musician" of the year. Wow! We were completely surprised when she received it! Her teacher said she has never missed a lesson, always practices her 150 minutes a week and is a real joy to work with. I am so proud of her! She is 1st chair violin in the 5th grade orchestra, and second chair in the 5th/6th grade combined orchestra. Considering how many violinists there are, that's quite an accomplishment!

We enjoyed listening to Rachel Dunne, Rachel Madsen and Eric Johnson playing the prelude music as we walked into the concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment