We had a great weekend. On Friday night, Paul set up the tent in the backyard and he and the kids slept outside. They had a great night, albeit not much sleep. I stayed in the house and watched the American Idol Finale which I had recorded but hadn't watched yet. It was a great night for every one in the family!
Saturday, Paul worked on the deck ALL DAY. The old finish is peeling up so he scraped it, removed as much as possible, put stain remover on it, scraped some more and kept at it, even during a crazy thunderstorm with lightning and hail. He had Josh Vallem working and finally came in after I insisted that they come into the house. They were both soaked. I read in the paper the next day that there were over 100 lightning strikes in 15 minutes in our county which sparked five house fires so I feel justified in forcing Paul in the house.
While Paul was busy at work on the deck, I took the kids to the pool for the first time this season. Spencer and Rachel rode their bikes there for the first time. I wasn't sure if Spencer could make it because it's all uphill so I drove along beside them but he did great. Once we were at the pool, I didn't get in but the other kids swam around a bit. It was freeeeeezing so they didn't last long. Thankfully, our neighbors were there and the kids had playmates and had a great time. After a while, they closed the pool because of the constant thunder. Luckily, the storm didn't really hit until we got home. At least we can say we broke in the pool on the very first day it was open.
Sunday was typical. . . attending church and hanging out at home. A couple of weeks ago, I started teaching the laurels and mia maids. It's a bit different from teaching the Beehives but I love it! Young women is the best. I also went to an excellent fireside given by Tim Wren Sunday night.
Monday, Paul spent the majority of the day working on the deck. That evening, we went to a fun barbecue at our friends' house. The whole family had a great time! I love long weekends spent with friends and family.
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment