As we do every year, my parents, grandparents, siblings and all our kids get together for our summer reunion. This year, my Mom christened it "Camp Black" (Black's my maiden name for those of you who don't know.) We began "camp" with a trip to the temple, swimming at the Scera Pool and dinner at the park. The next day, we headed to an enormous cabin above Heber which was equipped with ski ball, toys, a volleyball court, basketball court, and horseshoes. We definitely did not rough it like we usually do and I loved it! People also brought their bikes and shared them with us so the kids got to go mountain biking. We spent three relaxing days visiting with our family and bonding with one another. On Saturday, we went to Park City and raced down the alpine slide. Our kids loved it and so did we.
There were two more sitting in the trees nearby.
This beautiful fawn lingered around the camp while we were there.
Check out our view from the cabin's wrap-around porch. I love aspens!
My brothers, Brian and Mike chilling on the porch
Niece, Abby, shows off her toothless grin.
Niece Brianne is not crazy about getting her picture taken
Cute nephew Logan hams it up for the camera
I am just crazy about my nephew Gabe!
Rachel and Mike shoot it out on the basketball court. We played a lot of games of Horse and Pig. Shockingly, yours truly actually won a few times. Paul had a real shootout with my bros. They were bouncing shots off trees and doing all kinds of crazy shots. It finally came down to Paul and Mike but Mike's trick shots FINALLY prevailed after it got dark.
My niece, Madeline has such beautiful red hair!
My sister, Emily and my fabulous mother
There she is, the leader of Camp Black!
I love this shot of Caitlin!
Nephew Jesse is in his own little world!
There's my handsome dad!
Smooch! Jana and Mike share a romantic moment. Awww!
Here's another one of our volleyball court deer.



1 comment:
I loved seeing all the pictures of your family...I still can't get over the fact that Emily has a baby...I swore she was still 10!
Also, my parents are looking for a place for our family reunion next summer, I need the details of that cabin, it would be perfect!
Post a Comment