Yes, it's true. I graduated from high school in 1989, twenty years ago! Several months ago, Cara called me and we agreed to go to the high school reunion together. I was looking forward to it but when Paul had to go to Switzerland on a business trip that day, I did NOT want to go without him by my side. Cara convinced me to go and with promises from other friends that they would hang out with me despite my being husbandless, I went. Special thanks go to Dale and Cara who picked me up and dragged me along with them as the third wheel. I'm glad I decided to go even though one former friend had to look at my name tag (with accompanying senior picture) to figure out who I was. Yes, I have changed and not for the better (aside from the college education, husband and beautiful children.) But I'm grateful to my long-standing friends who love me and were happy to see me despite my appearance!

Here are three of my best friends from high school--Cara, Kimberly and Susan. They still look as good as they did twenty years ago!
The night before our high school reunion, some of my closest friends from high school got together. We were in Show and Chamber choir together. I still think it was the best choir I've ever been in, despite being in several other college and audition choirs since then. We had dinner, caught up with each other, even received awards (mine was for being in touch with the most people from the group) and then sang some of our favorite songs. Most of us still remembered the music after all these years and we still sound terrific together! It was a wonderful walk down memory lane and made me realize what a tremendous impact this group had on me during my teenage years. We spent so much time together practicing and performing and forged friendships that have truly stood the test of time.

That's Rachel singing with us! She has an excellent voice and could actually sing a couple of our songs from memory because she's heard me singing them so often at the twins' bedtime.

Here we are (missing a few who left early.) It was such a wonderful night!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you came too, and stop being so hard on yourself! You are such a beautiful person inside and OUT! How else would you have such beautiful children?! I love ya friend!
Post a Comment