I have been feverishly trying to get the blog caught up to date because there are so many events during our three week vacation to Utah that I want to preserve. I'm nearly done--just a few more days are left. Despite that, I wanted to write about something cool that's happening here with Paul. While we were gone, Paul's best friend growing up, Jeff Glover, contacted him after being out of touch for awhile. He lives in Las Vegas and we haven't seen him for years. Jeff's wife, Margaret, is Polish. She defected to the United States and joined the church after meeting some BYU folk dancers who were performing in Poland during the communist years. Paul was thrilled to re-connect with Jeff.
Also, while I was gone, Paul took the missionaries out to dinner. He was telling them they should get members to go with them to teaching appointments so that when they join the church, they are connected to people in the ward. Sure enough, the next day, the missionaries called and asked him to go with them to an appointment. They were teaching a Polish couple. During the course of the lesson, Paul was teaching them about the Holy Ghost and somehow likened the Holy Ghost to a pigeon (Paul used to raise pigeons when he was a kid.) The man they were teaching got excited because, lo and behold, he raises pigeons as well and could relate perfectly to Paul's analogy. The wife only speaks Polish but her husband translates and Paul suddenly thought he should connect Jeff's wife with this woman. I don't think either of these things are coincidence. The Lord wants this family to join the church and inspired Paul to say what he did about the pigeons and also prompted Jeff to contact Paul again after they drifted apart. Clearly, the Lord is providing the way for them to move forward. By the way, they committed to baptism that night. Last night, Paul went to another teaching appointment and feels very humbled at the opportunity he has had to help teach this couple. This entire experience has reminded us that Heavenly Father loves us so much and will lead us if we will only listen to the still, small voice and follow his promptings.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
What an awesome story!
Post a Comment