Thursday, December 13, 2007

This one takes the cake!





http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf (Click on this--I loved it! It's a Christmas greeting)

Are you wondering why I haven't posted any pictures this week? It's because the dog chewed through my camera cord--just another reason why you don't want a dog if I haven't convinced you of that already.

Another Spencer story. . .Rachel's birthday was on Tuesday. My baby girl is 10 years old, it's hard to believe it! Anyway, I put the twins down for a nap and mixed up a two layer chocolate cake and baked it. Twenty minutes later, out came the cake and I began calling family members about Christmas presents and purchasing things on-line while chatting. Upon returning to the kitchen, I noticed Spencer had eaten some of the top off the cake but I was busy talking to my sister-in-law and thought, "well, that can be the bottom layer of the cake and I'll just fix it with frosting." I walked off and sat down in the office to look up something on the computer. While surfing Amazon, I heard Spencer enter the twins' room and wake them up. I said to my sister-in-law, "He just woke up the twins. I am so angry." Well, little did I know that he went in the room with the cake and shared it with the twins. I returned to the kitchen to frost the cake and didn't find it. I confronted Spencer who was by then lounging on the couch and asked him where the cake was and he said "the babies are eating it." The twins, with chocolate crumby faces, did not have it so I continued looking around the house. Finally, I discovered the dog eating the remnants in the twins' room. So not only did I have to make an entirely new cake but I also had a sick dog!

Supposedly, all's well that ends well. Luckily, I had another cake mix so I made another cake. The preparation process was more complicated than usual but the new cake turned out great and Rachel had a good birthday so that's all that matters in the eternal scheme of things, right? But I thought you might enjoy the story.

1 comment:

boys in the hood said...

I just giggle every time I read your Spencer stories...Your kids are so cute. I enjoy seeing their pictures and your blogs, you are so good at it! I miss you too Kerri! Wish we could get our troublesome boys together...and the girls too!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones