Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching Up!

Okay, I haven't written forever. . .the kids are keeping me busy! I'm just not sure where to begin. I guess I'll start with last weekend. I loved General Conference, especially Elder Ballard's talk about mothers. It was great and inspired me to be a better mom. After conference ended Sunday night, we hosted an open house for our friends the DeRoussells who were moving to Texas. When I planned for the party, I didn't realize Paul would be on his way to Germany during the party. But we proceeded anyway and it was a good evening with lots of friends. The kids had a blast with all their friends. We had a wonderful week last week. Spencer played with someone every day (sometimes 2 or 3 people) and he's a much happier boy when he has friends over. It's such a blessing for him to have a couple of kids to play with in the neighborhood.

This weekend began our new soccer season. We had a real problem originally. I registered Rachel with our township program because I was assured by one of her friends that they didn't play on Sundays. Rachel went to the first practice only to get the schedule and discover that every game was scheduled for Sunday. So I said, "You can practice with them or I can try to get you into YMCA soccer." She told me she'd rather quit and do YMCA because she wanted to play in the games. So I called the YMCA but I had missed even the late registration deadline. I left a message asking if they would let her join despite the deadline. The program director returned my call and told me they couldn't make any exceptions to the deadline and I hung up very disappointed. But obviously Mike (the program director who has coached Rachel 3 times) must have heard the sadness in my voice because he called right back and said he felt bad and agreed to put Rachel on his team. It was such a blessing! Rachel had her first game of the season on Saturday. She played great! It's been so fun watching the kids grow up and improve over the years. I love watching the teamwork and passing now. It's much better than 20 kids gathered around one ball like it used to be. I elected not to sign up Spencer this time. I told him we'll try again in the fall. He had such a hard time last season that I decided to take a break until he's a little older. Rachel didn't start until she was 6 or 7 and she was ready then.

Paul spent Saturday getting compost and putting it in the garden. Tonight we're going to get some of our cold crops planted (a bit late--oh well!) for Family Home Evening. Saturday night we went to the primary talent show. Spencer brought some of his artwork to show and Rachel and her friend Mishaela sang and danced to "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2. It was really a cute performance. We enjoyed the evening.

I enjoyed church yesterday. The theme in Sacrament Meeting was the Relief Society and all the sisters and young women got up and sang "As Sisters in Zion." I missed most of the talks because of an eternal bathroom visit with the twins but I enjoyed what I heard. In Relief Society, we talked about Henry Eyring's Talk from last conference about remembering spiritual experiences. I am happy to report that this blog does that for me. However, I need to be more diligent in remembering the daily spiritual experiences I have and that my children have and record them more frequently.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

You are always so busy. I love reading about your family.

When did the DeRoussell's move? I sure miss Pa and the wonderful ward there.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones