Friday, April 18, 2008

There is Sunshine in my Soul Today

This week has been absolutely gorgeous. The weather has been perfect and we've spent most days outside. After what seemed to be an eternal, dark and dismal winter, all of the sudden, the world is blooming with beauty! Our pear tree is full of blossoms, our maple trees have crimson flowers, our weeping cherry tree's blossoms are beginning to appear, and my aspen trees have tiny spring green circular leaves. The view is stunning everywhere I look. Too bad I don't have an apricot tree or I'm sure popcorn would be popping. Spring is my absolute favorite season! I love the feeling of the sun pouring down on my face, enveloping me in its warmth. The entire season reminds me of the Savior--how his love can fill my life (like the sun warming me to my very soul), his sacrifice in death (like the winter) and his glorious resurrection (like the glory of the spring.)

Yesterday, I had three girlfriends over to scrapbook plus I watched two of my neighbor's girls for the afternoon. Add onto that my friends' kids and Spencer's friends and we had a houseful. It was a lot of fun. Last week, when we were scrapbooking, my friends noticed my old rusty cheese grater that I've been using for 17 plus years. It still works and doesn't leech rust onto the cheese but it looks gross. They were horrified. So this week, Tammy showed up with a shiny new cheese grater decorated with a pink ribbon and demanded that I throw away my old one immediately. She must think I was giving my children food poisoning or something! I was embarrassed but I am grateful for the new grater. I know my cheese will be even greater with the new grater. (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Paul bought the kids new bikes yesterday. Rachel and Spencer had grown out of their bikes and the twins needed to get them this year. While Paul assembled the twins' bikes, we played softball, football and basketball until it was too dark to see. Then, because Paul was still working, the kids brought in their bikes to ride around until Courtney's bike was finally completed around 9:30 p.m. The twins' Little Mermaid bikes are fancy--with little shell-shaped compartments for toys, shell pedals, a shell seat and beads on the sides of the handlebars and they are definitely girly! I know they're going to love them. Needless to say, we got to bed very late but it was a great day!

5 comments:

boys in the hood said...

Spring is also my favorite time of year! I am so excited to be going to "Time Out for Women" tomorrow, so I will also have "Sunshine in my Soul."
I know the twins will love their bikes...Maddie got one for Christmas and on cold or wet days she has to bring it the house because she always wants to ride it!

Meg said...

Kerri, your kids are so cute and I have loved checking in on your blog now and then. Sorry it's taken me this long to comment.
I was noticing your preparedness blog and was wondering if that is your calling in your ward. I am the family preparedness specialist in my ward and am going to start a blog of my own. I was wondering if I could use some of your stuff on my blog as well as list your blog on mine. It would be great to share ideas with someone else who has the same calling.
Sorry for the book. I would have emailed you, but don't find a link to your email.
Hope you are enjoying a wonderful spring.
Megan (Kinsey) Tilton

Kerri said...

Megan, you're more than welcome to use anything from my preparedness blog for yours. I have found that it's an easy way to share information at no cost. The cool thing is that people are looking at it from all over the world.

I would love to discuss ideas with you as I am the preparedness person for our ward as well. In fact, we're having an emergency preparedness extravaganza in our ward tomorrow night which is why I shouldn't be blogging right now. . . so I'd better run!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know I was thinking of you. Tomorrow night will be great and we are looking forward to it. Don't stress out too much - if possible.

See you tomorrow :)

Rainy Day said...

I love your blog. It is inspiring and uplifting. It is like I was living next door to you again.

Hello to Megan K.

LaRaine aka Rainy Day
I have been looking for a excuse to use my new nick name. Rainy was my childhood nick name. I just added Day to make it complete.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones