I'm home after my whirlwind 4 day trip to Utah. It was really strange being by myself without the kids. I felt very empty-handed and kept thinking I was missing something. I realized that it's the first time in over ten years that I have flown by myself. It was great! I read three books while flying which I haven't had a chance to do lately. In Utah, I had a great time just hanging out with my family. We played games, went on a picnic, had a barbecue with the extended family, watched movies, and went to all the events associated with Em's graduation. My favorite part of graduation was cheering wildly for her when she was announced (I tried to get the family to do the wave but we didn't do it fast enough) and listening to her dean conduct the event. The dean was having a difficult time saying things. For example, when she announced the valedictorians for each major, she called Emily "Ann Black Conkey," skipping her first name altogether. Then she said, "I'd like to recognize the faculty who are sitting on the potty . . .um." I had to laugh out loud! She couldn't even pronounce podium! And I'm sure they wouldn't want to be recognized on the potty!
It's taken me a few days to get back in the swing of things. The kids were very happy to see me. While I was visiting my family, my sister, my mom and I got pedicures (see slide show below). When I got home, the kids were amazed. Whenever I have gotten pedicures in the past (very rarely), I always get french pedicures or something very, very light so they've never even noticed plus I never paint my toenails (too lazy.) This time I went with red toenail polish. Courtney said, "Mommy, you have makeup on your feet?" I said "I got my toes polished with Grandma." She said, "Oh, Grandma bought you red toes!" Even Spencer noticed my toenails. He said, "Mommy, your toes are pretty!" Believe me, with the feet that I have, that's a new compliment for me!
It's raining now, but this afternoon was beautiful so I took Spencer and the twins to the park today. They had such a great time! Speaking of parks, our backyard looks a little like a park now that Paul and Chris planted 11 trees around the perimeter while I was gone plus two in the front yard as well. They also planted a bunch of flowering shrubs and lilac bushes. I've been wanting this to be done forever so I am thrilled that it's finally happened! It looks great!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment