Yesterday was a wonderful day! It started out crazy as I took all four kids to Rachel's soccer game in the rain. I took the stroller, 4 chairs, 5 blankets (so they wouldn't fight) but could only find 2 umbrellas. One was a huge golf umbrella which easily covered three chairs but only having two caused contention as you might imagine. The poor guy sitting next to us had to move over because the umbrella held by Caitlin kept poking him despite my pleas to keep it still. But, hooray, about half-time, the sun came out and the kids could run around a little bit--much better.
I cried tears of joy to hear President Monson announce a new temple for Philadelphia. I have wondered if it would ever happen as temple after temple have been announced all these years but it is real! Watching conference with the DVR was the best thing ever--pausing when the kids got wild and loud and rewinding when I missed something or I wanted the kids to really listen to something made it so much more enjoyable than in conferences past. I also got to talk to my friend Katherine who lives in Brazil so that made the day even better (Katherine, I was going to say FABULOUS but I changed my mind!)



5 comments:
I thought of you when the Philly temple was announced. How far will it be from you?
Your kids are so cute and the girls look just like you!
Let me know when you need a good laugh, I have some great pics of us at girls camp. I just need to dig up. :)
To answer your question, we sold our house in Orem about a year ago and built a house in PG. We're about a mile NE of the temple. We really, really like it here.
I invited you to join our informal preschool - check your email!
I also was thrilled with the Temple too. I can't wait to find out where it will be exactly.
I also have tagged you. 6 quirks - 10/5 post!
Looking forward to reading yours too.
Cute kids, Kerri. Do you have your RSS feed disabled? I'd like to subscribe to your blog feed, but I'm not seeing a button to do so anywhere. If you prefer not to enable it, I totally understand. :-)
Yeah, I have it disabled so just check in. I post things two or three times a week.
By the way I heard the Temple is going to be in Valley Forge.
Post a Comment