Thursday, October 23, 2008

I took this picture on my cell phone today. You have to forgive the picture quality but the way the light is coming down is interesting. It reminds me of the need for continuous revelation as we parent the choice spirit sons and daughters our Heavenly Father has entrusted to us. Each one of my children is so unique and has his or her own strengths and weaknesses and because of that, I have to parent them differently. What works with one doesn't always work with the other and what worked today might not work tomorrow. That's why I find prayer so vital to parenting. I do feel that we do receive help from our Father when we ask for it. Sometimes it takes a long time to see the results but eventually we will understand why we receive certain answers and directions. I am so grateful for the guidance I have received to my prayers (of desperation) because, believe me, I need them. Parenting is hard. Being responsible for teaching a child correct principles is a challenge but the rewards are beyond sweet and they're eternal.

1 comment:

boys in the hood said...

Thanks for the analogy Kerri...I really needed to hear that today! You are an AWESOME Mom and a great example!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones