Thursday, October 30, 2008

I stuck my finger in a light socket and came out looking a little younger (I hope!)

I recently started scrunching my hair with gel (like in the picture on the header) as a quick and easy style. Clearly, I have very little variety to my hair styles because so many people have commented on it including my family. Here are some of their reactions:

Spencer: "Here's a brush, Mom. You should brush your hair."
Me: "Do I need to brush it?"
Spencer: "Yeah, it looks pretty messy."

Rachel: "I like your hair like that. I hope I don't offend you (grabbing my arm in a comforting gesture) but you look a lot younger with it like that."

Paul: "What happened? Did you stick your finger in a light socket?"

Courtney: "Mommy, your hair is vewy cuhly!"

Friend: "Your hair's so cute. It looks so young and hip." (maybe because I was copying the teenagers' hairstyles from our ward)

The twins' Nursery School Teacher: "Your hair's down. It looks good down!" (This is sad. This made me realize that I hardly ever wear my hair down on preschool days because it takes too long to blow dry so I put it in a ponytail, bun or clip because I'm in a hurry.)

Obviously, I've been in need of a change in the hair department so I'll enjoy this easy style which hopefully makes me look younger and I'll ignore my boys' comments!

3 comments:

Mike and Jana Black said...

I think it looks very nice, I just got a haircut and I'm not loving it.

Flying Princess said...

I like it. I actually thought Rachel looked older. Point of view, right?

marianne said...

I am laughing so hard! Kids are just too honest sometimes. :) I like it!! I actually feel the same--my hair us just too thin to do much different, so it always looks the same. I wish I had the curly option!

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones