Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Three pretty princesses--I especially love Caitlin's lei, Rachel's shirt made out of a bandana, her irish step dancing-like hairpiece and Courtney's "puhple puhse" filled with her "stuff" That white puff next to Rachel is Sugar. She wanted to be in on the picture. Oh, now I see. . she actually wanted to eat whatever Caitlin had in her hand.
The table before the food and the kids entered the picture. I picked the greens, berries and old hydrangeas from the yard. I thought it looked Thanksgivingy but Rachel thought it looked Christmasy. Whatever--we had a centerpiece. The kids all blew out the candle together at the end of the meal. Better than fighting or having each kid blow it out (relighting it between blows). Yes, we've tried each technique. We really just need to have four candles!

See the broken crust and the hole on top!


Apparently it's finger-lickin' good!



I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving. Despite the fact that everyone in our entire house is sick, we still had a great day! Spencer has an ear infection and strep and everyone else has the never ending flu/cough thing. I've had it for three weeks and counting!


Yesterday, the girls got up at their usual ridiculously early hour: 5:30 a.m. Paul and I stayed in bed and listened to them run and around and giggle for a while. Keep in mind, it's still pitch dark. I'm not quite sure why they're waking up so early! I finally dragged myself out of bed to discover they'd had a little snack. A few tastes of pumpkin pie and a bit of crust from the apple pie. I didn't mind. After all, we only had our own little family to feed today so no big deal. But I thought it made a great picture!


Our dinner was divine. I made all the traditional food. The kids especially loved the homemade rolls and the green bean casserole (which has a bunch of mozzarella cheese and those fried onion thingees in it, need I say more?) Everything turned out great. The only casualty was the camera which fell off the counter and broke. Thus, no after pictures. Bummer! As usual, we shared what we were grateful for around the table. Spencer's one thing: the food. His favorite food is stuffing so Thanksgiving is definitely a great holiday for him. Yep, a way to my boy's heart is through his stomach, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Candi said...

The kids crack me up. Sounds like you had so much fun on Thanksgiving.
you miss the mountains like i miss the trees sometimes. Fall just isn't the same here.

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones