My good friend, Cara, and her beautiful family came to Utah for our 20th high school reunion from Oklahoma. Cara and I have known each other for ages and have been close friends since 8th Grade. Unfortunately, we don't get to see each other very often because of distance. Her husband is in the Air Force so she lives all over the place. . . and, well, you know where I live! The last time she and Dale came to visit me, I think I only had one kid! Despite that, we have kept in touch and still talk on the phone for hours. We've wanted to get our kids together for ages and finally did it. Sure enough, Taylor and Spencer hit it off and so did Maddie and the twins. We headed up Provo Canyon to Sundance, a ski resort--just a 15 minute ride from my parents' house--where Cara and I used to ski back in our youth. It was exquisitely beautiful up there. It made me realize why I miss the mountains so much. We took the chair lift to the top of the mountain. It was glorious! I don't think I can adequately describe the awe and gratitude I feel when I see such magnificent views of God's creations.
When we finished our ride to the top of the world, the kids played on the grass and we ate at a restaurant at the resort. Afterwards, Cara, who is an amazing photographer, took pictures of my kids which will be on the blog soon. For a sneak peek, click here: http://capturedbycara.blogspot.com/ and scroll down. It was so fun to be with Cara and her husband, Dale, who was equally impressed with the stunning scenery. I wish we could see each other more often.



1 comment:
YAY for the Madsen's! We had so much with you guys. We can't wait to do it again! I'm ashamed to say I haven't sent your CD yet, but I promise I will mail it today! You are awesome and I'm so glad we FINALLY gots our kiddos together...let's just make sure next time Paul is there too!
Post a Comment