| Courtney, Spencer, Rachel and Caitlin |
| Rachel |
| Spencer |
| Caitlin |
| Courtney |
Saturday was chock full of soccer, soccer, soccer! Spencer had a tournament and played four games. Rachel also had her last game of the regular season. I was able to watch Spencer's first game and then took the girls to Rachel's game which was about 40 minutes away from our home. Paul went to Spencer's other three games. When they arrived home, they were frozen! Spencer LOVES playing goalie. He is really getting good at it, too! He had many saves and huge punts. He can kick it almost to the other goal! He has improved so much this year. Rachel continues to play like a pro. It's been a little bit frustrating for her this season because there are so many players on her team that she doesn't feel like she gets enough playing time (they have 21 players.)
| One of Spencer's many stops even with a kid's foot ready to boot him! |
| Kicking it away! |
| Throwing the ball out of there! See it in the air? |
| Another save! |
| There's my handsome boy! |
| Shivering while waiting to play! |
| Going after the ball |
| Running to kick it again! |
Sunday was busy for our big kids as well. Rachel (violin) and I (viola) played a beautiful arrangement of "Sweet Hour of Prayer" in a string quartet during sacrament meeting. I think it really added to the spirit of the meeting. Then in primary, Spencer gave a talk. He wrote it himself with very little help from his Dad so I've included it. I was really impressed with his understanding of the doctrine and the true testimony he shared:
MORONI 10: 32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him….
• We can become perfected in Christ because he paid for our sins and mistakes through the atonement.
• The atonement occurred when Jesus Christ prayed and bled from every pore of his body and later was crucified on the cross.
• We all make mistakes and sin. That is why we need Christ’s atonement and why we must repent.
• Christ set a perfect example by being obedient to all of God’s commandments including being baptized even though he was perfect and had no sins.
• I’m going to be baptized next week. When I’m baptized, all my sins will be washed away and I will promise to take upon myself the name of Jesus Christ, always remember him, and keep the commandments.
• Keeping the commandments allows us to have the power of God like the stripling warriors in the army of Helaman. Because they were true and faithful at all times they were blessed and defeated the enemies.
• I can be a good example and teach others the gospel. When I’m older I will serve a full-time mission to help others come unto Christ.
• Testimony: I know the Church is true. I know the Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer and that I can be perfected in him. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet today.
• In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
That evening, we carved our pumpkins and handed out candy. Spencer and I worked on practicing his guitar and I think he actually had an epiphany while rehearsing. He finally realizes he can play for real. He perfected the song he was assigned and then went back and played all the songs he's learned. He realized how easy they are for him now and recognized that he's learning a lot. It was wonderful! I have been wondering if he would ever get excited about guitar and he's finally gaining some enthusiasm. Rachel practiced her violin and piano and I am thrilled with the progress she's making with her new piano teacher. She's playing challenging pieces and is motivated to practice. At school, she just started taking a music class and her teacher lets her practice her own music on the keyboard (with headphones.) This is helping Rachel get in practice time despite her busy schedule outside of school.



No comments:
Post a Comment