I'm in blogger blah at the moment! I have absolutely nothing to write about this week. Monday, we all went to Rachel's basketball game. It was a nail biter but they lost in the end. Tuesday was the day I spend all day in the car but we survived. On Wednesday, we had a snow day but it was a miserable day, starting with snow, then ice, then sleet, freezing rain and finally rain. The only person who ventured out was Rachel who went sledding with her friends in the water retention basin by our house. Even with snow pants, boots, a jacket and waterproof gloves, she came home soaked and freezing and said it wasn't very much fun. The kids and I made cookies and the twins called it a "pajama party"and wore their jammies all day. It was a relaxing day.
All the rain at the end of the storm froze overnight and turned our world into one giant hockey rink yesterday morning. Every sidewalk, driveway and roadside was covered in a layer of ice. Rachel had a two hour delay so we took the twins to pre-school first only to discover (with about 30 other parents who showed up at the normal time) that school was delayed one hour. I just figured 9 a.m. was late enough--wrong--I should have checked the TV. Oh well! So we took Rachel to her bus stop at 9:15. After cautioning her to be careful, I took a couple of steps out of the van and next thing I know, I'm staring at the sky, flat on my back. My neighbor didn't see me fall and wondered what I was doing laying on the ground (sunbathing, maybe?) Funny! It was more embarrassing than anything else but my back is slightly injured and is hurting a bit today. That's what I get for my usual clumsiness, something Paul will attest to, having seen me fall one too many times during our marriage. Spencer also fell at the bus stop later that day so perhaps he has my clumsy genes as well. I feel lucky, though. . . my neighbor (who also has four kids) slipped on the ice about three weeks ago and broke her ankle so I feel grateful that I'm okay.
Today we're back in the normal routine and I'm trying to get the house in order. My vacuum is not suctioning properly so the house is looking a little crumby (literally.) But I'll try to get as much done as possible. Wish me luck!
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



1 comment:
Sorry you fell. That was a really bad day. We didn't have to go to school til 11. I am ready for it to be done for the yr.
Post a Comment