Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Messy incidents

Backpack on & ready for his first day of preschool
Courtney and Caitlin want to be in a picture, too!

He's so excited!



Oh no! I hear tons of ice falling on the floor, just the latest in a series of messy incidents in the last two days. I just finished cleaning yellow modeling clay off the kitchen floor. It was everywhere! In case you're wondering, cleaning modeling clay is not as easy to clean as play dough. Thus, the rest of the modeling clay is in the garbage. Lesson learned: leaving it overnight does not help matters. I thought it would dry up and be easier to sweep. But this morning it was still stuck to floor (unsweepable) and I had to scrape it up. Other incidents from yesterday included lovely drawing all over four of my kitchen cabinets and I just noticed I missed a drawing on top of the dishwasher. At least we have magic eraser for such events. Courtney also decided take big swigs of her water bottle and spit them out in multiple places until I discovered what she was doing. Spencer took a pen to my keyboard bench and stabbed a few holes in it and Caitlin dumped a bag of easy mac (uncooked) all over the couch. Also, someone took all the clean laundry off the dryer and knocked it all over the floor where it mixed with some dirty laundry so I'm going to have to wash the entire load again! Good times, good times!



Okay, enough ranting! Spencer started preschool yesterday and, according to his teacher, had a wonderful day! Yeah! We made cookies as a reward. I think this was a reward (or punishment--see scale) for me as well. Mmmm! I also took a very long walk last night with the dog (trying to justify cookie binging) and loved it. I told Paul if he will get home by around 8 p.m. I will do it every night. We'll see if it happens. I get too tired if it gets much later than that.



I'm looking forward to today. . .no preschool. We don't have anywhere to go until after Rachel's school. She starts piano lessons again tonight and the two older kids start soccer tomorrow night. I am so lucky. With a little begging, I was able to get both Spencer and Rachel's practice at the same time on Thursday nights.




Well, I'd better go clean up the latest messy incidents. Have a great day!




1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Kerri,

You're such a great writer! Why do these mini-catastrophes seem to always happen in groups? Way to go on your blog.
Susan

Music Corner


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones