Yesterday's theme was "organizing and rearranging." I decided to put the kids' clothes in their drawers for the first time in months. Rachel does her own, but I've been keeping Spencer's and the twins' in their laundry bins because they were constantly pulling out all the clothes out of their drawers and I got tired of picking them up over and over again. However, while doing laundry, I began to feel claustrophobic with all those clothes filling my laundry room. I couldn't stand it anymore so I thought, I'll see if they will keep clothes where they belong. Yeah, right. Sure enough, Spencer pulled out at least twenty items while getting dressed this morning. Argh!!$#&* Now I'm going to have to force him to pick them up (which will be accompanied by many complaints and take twice as long as it would if I just did it myself.)
While putting the clothes away, I cleaned out the girls' closet and the boy's. Then I went into Rachel's room and remembered that she's been begging Paul for months to rearrange her furniture to no avail. So because of the mood I was in, I decided to do it myself. It was easily accomplished but what a shocker! I discovered how truly messy her room was by moving her bed, dresser and nightstand. Papers, books, trinkets, jewelry, CDs, DVDs, etc. were under her bed and stacked on every surface! But it's beautiful now. Rachel was so excited when she got home from school! She reported to me last night that she can now do a cartwheel in her room! That's just what I was going for. . .
Spencer then decided it was his turn to have his room switched around so we got to work. It wasn't quite as bad as Rachel's but he did find a Rescue Heroes DVD we haven't seen in at least a year. Today I have to tackle my closet. . .or not! I avoid cleaning that monstrosity with all the energy I possess. Maybe I'll get to it, maybe not!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
My Blogging Friends.
-
-
-
For work12 years ago
-
-
I have a Blog?15 years ago
-
-
Howdy, and Stuff12 years ago
-
-
-
Swiss Halloween13 years ago
-
Fire Swamp Parenting13 years ago
-
-
Slow and Steady12 years ago
-
Funny little...13 years ago
-
Cross Country Skiing14 years ago
-
Lincoln Dennis Black14 years ago
-
-
-
-
Jan 2314 years ago
-
-
-
Bobcat Badge!!!12 years ago
-
-
-
Grandma's 80th Surprise Birthday Party12 years ago
-
Issue 24113 years ago
-
Eden's mini photo shoot15 years ago
-
Snow play at preschool17 years ago
-
-
I Promise...14 years ago
-
easter 201313 years ago
-
Kalaupapa18 years ago
-
St. Louis15 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment